HOME > Postgraduate (Coursework) > Master of Counselling
Programme: Master of Counselling (Coursework)
Faculty of Business, Economic and Social Development
- A Brief Summary of the Programme
Master of Counselling degree by coursework is designed to prepare individuals with a variety of counselling services to children, adolescents and adult through agencies, non-profit organisations, corporations and private practice. This master programme prepares competent, ethical, data driven, culturally responsive and passionate counsellors who become leaders in the profession and the programme is based on curriculum standards required by the Board of Counsellors, Malaysia.
- Why You Should Register?
Master of Counselling by coursework at University Malaysia Terengganu is appropriate and fulfil the needs of counselling programs among East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. Fully equipped outstanding counselling laboratories, competent lecturers from variety of specialization including career, family, multi-cultural and spiritual as well as conducive learning environment give opportunities for students to learn the theoretical and practical aspect of counselling.
This coursework program is a high prospect to be offered in Malaysia, particularly in Terengganu which opens the space to be selected in various sectors in public and private organizations.
- List of Core/Elective Courses and Credit Hours
|COU5200||Counselling Theory and Psychotherapy||3|
|COU5300||Multicultural Issues in Community Counselling||3|
|COU5400||Group Procedure and Dynamics||3|
|COU5600||Psychological Testing in Counselling||3|
|COU5601||Individual and Group Assessment||3|
|COU5700||Research in Counselling||3|
|COU5800||Legal and Ethical Issues in Community||3|
|Elective & Dissertation||COU5999||Dissertation||6|
- Admission Requirement
Candidates who wish to apply the master of Counselling programmes must have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with CGPA 2.75 and above in counselling or;
- Any other qualifications equivalent to the related field and/or have a working experience in the related field and must pass of three (3) courses in bachelor degree level;
- Introduction to Counselling
- Basic Counselling Skills
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Theories
- For International students: it is required to sit for Bahasa Melayu courses
- Programme Duration
Full time: Minimum of four (4) semesters and maximum of six (6) semesters or;
Part time: Minimum of six (6) semesters and maximum of ten (10) semesters.
- Fees Structures
|Malaysians (RM)||Non-Malaysians (RM)|
430 x 4 (sem) = 1, 720.00
1430 x 4 (sem) = 5 720.00
(Total Credit Hours)
|300 x 48 (credit hours)
|300 x 48 (credit hours)
|Total||16 490.00||20 490.00
- The UMT reserves all right to change the fee structure, rules fee and other charges at any time without prior notice.